Intoxalock is the leading provider in the State of Tennessee, and we install them!
Quality Ignition Interlock Devices
Intoxalock offers simple-to-use, one-button interlock devices and one of the easiest blow patterns for testing on the market.
Meets State Requirements
Intoxalock devices meet state requirements*. Our state specialists will help you get the car breathalyzer/IID you need.
What is a breath alcohol ignition interlock device?
An ignition interlock device (or IID) is a breathalyzer installed into a vehicle to prevent drunk driving. It requires the driver to submit a breath sample before being able to start the car. Then, it requires periodic samples while driving to ensure that no alcohol has been consumed while the vehicle operates.
How do I know if I need one?
The state of Tennessee has minimum time requirements for all DUI offenders. Additional rules or obligations may be required of an offender depending on the specific county in which the offense occurred. Most DUI offenders in Tennessee receive documentation specifying that they must install an IID in their vehicle. If a DUI offender does not get the ignition interlock device installed as required by the court or any other state authority, they could face jail time.
How much will my offense cost?
Many factors play into the final cost of your ignition interlock device in Tennessee. Your total cost will cover the device and any required accessories, installation, monthly maintenance, and removal. Ignition interlock device costs – This is the more affordable aspect of the DUI process, costing as little as $2.15 a day. Call to get the best available prices and special offers in Tennessee. Other DUI Costs – The average cost for a DUI in Tennessee can range from $5,000 to $25,000 or even more after fines, attorney fees, other costs, and depending on the county where the offense occurred.
What steps do I need to take?
1. Contact the Tennessee MVD to verify eligibility. (If you haven't received a
notice of eligibility form in the mail)
2. Contact Intoxalock at 855-272-0760 to schedule the installation of an ignition interlock device - you will need to provide MVD proof with a 'Verification of Installation" form.
3. Complete mandatory alcohol treatment programs (if required) and submit proof of completion to MVD.
4. Bring your Notice of Eligibility form and SR-22 to any MVD office.
5. Pay the reinstatement fee and application fee. Use your device for the duration of your obligation to the state of Tennessee. Intoxalock will immediately handle all reporting to your Tennessee state monitoring authority.
Contact Intoxalock at 855-272-0760 Today to Schedule and Installation!